Working together to fight COVID-19
At South Bakels we are firmly committed to delivering our products and services to the highest possible standard, without putting the health and wellbeing of our colleagues or customers at risk.
We understand the importance of creating assurance that the right procedures are in place for safe continuation of the business.
South Bakels are monitoring the advice issued by the Department of Health and World Health Organisation daily. As part of this we are monitoring reported cases and infection rates.
- We are providing internal communications via email, the intranet and the HR system to update colleagues.
- We are reiterating and enforcing strict personal hygiene in line with our food hygiene practices as a food manufacturing site and any additional recommendations from the Department of Health. This includes additional posters displayed around the site.
- Sanitiser is available at all entrances and key points around sites.
- Those members of staff who are able to, have been instructed to work from home.
- We have advised staff against any unnecessary travel to customers’ sites or for other business.
Visitors to site
- We continue to restrict all delivery and collection access to the site.
- We are restricting any visitors to site to business critical only.
- Sanitiser is available at all entrances for visitors and drivers.
Continuity of supply
- We can confirm that we do purchase raw materials that originate from affected countries.
- We are working with our suppliers to mitigate any possible supply implications.
- We have long standing relationships with all our suppliers and based on the current available information, we do not envisage any supply issues. We can assure our customers that we are doing everything we can to minimise any risk to supply.
Although many customers have restricted access to your facilities, rest assured our team is on hand via email or telephone as normal to technically support customers during this time.
Please stay safe and we wish you strength and health over the coming months.
The Bakels Team